Thursday 21 January 2016

Enforced Break

Things have kind of slowed down at the moment, I have been kicked off my usual painting station of the kitchen table while the work goes on in there, I can't see me getting back to normal in there for at least another two and a half weeks. In the meantime I am stuck with an edge of my workstation in the study, not ideal as I have to either stretch my legs or move the drawers, and of course passers by must be wondering what I am up to so near the window.


Luckily for me I don't have a lot to paint at the moment, on the tray are eight Dark Age cavalry, I want them for a game on Sunday 31st when my son and I will be 'training' again, he with a pretend Western Frank army and me with my Romans. Normally as you know I play games in the Post Office as there is nothing in there, customers included, and it is a huge space, my son has no room at home in Newton Aycliffe so he has got permission from his boss to use the work meeting room for games on a Sunday, it should be a bit posher than the PO as they are architects. We need to extend one side of the table to get rid of the round corners but this can be done and will be tested in just over a week, it should prove to be interesting. While there on the weekend I am picking up twelve cavalry figures to paint up a Carolingian Milites unit, I am looking forward to something new.

I have completed another map project for a book entitled 'A Time to Remember' which is a memoir devoted to the Royal Warwickshire Regiment in the First World War. I was about to start on the naval project when I was asked this morning to draw two example maps of a possible forty for a history of the Scots Guards in WWI, like Normandy last year I am beginning to get a good knowledge of the locales the British army fought over in France during the Great War.


No comments:

Post a Comment