Thursday 13 April 2017

Never say Never

My Wild West mat turned up the other day and I am pleased with it, nothing startling but nicer than the one I am using. I took a couple of photos but the light was not good so I have simply plonked the advert from Deep Cut Studios. I could have gone for a smaller mat but I have a large town and I like to use the full area rather than the recommended couple of feet, plus it leaves my options open for a ranch or mine etc.


I have also ordered up more Romans, yes I know, madness. Now that the Twelfth are getting out for some battles I find I am using the armoured archers as skirmishers, which of course if you have Wargamers OCD is not an option, hence I have got some A&A mid Imperial unarmoured archers coming. To be honest at the moment I am limited to some slingers and the horse archers so they are needed. I argued with myself for a long time over buying that other auxiliary unit as well, but pulled back from the brink, for now.

Also for some reason I have got painters block, I have the new cavalry unit all cleaned and primed ready to go but have not went near them since, I am seeking medical advice. I hope to be back to normal after the Easter break.

I have been busy finishing off several map projects as well recently, some of these have been in the pipeline for a while waiting for the authors to give the green light, I have a new one on the South Africans during WWII, the second volume, next in line.



5 comments:

  1. One can never have enough Romans, it's not madness at all ;~)

    The Old West mat looks good, shame to cover it with all those DMH tokens though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be done with off table cards but I never got round to it, one for the future.

      Delete
  2. More Romans! Good man, I told you that you needed more. Hope the block is cleared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back refreshed on Monday and hopefully back to the brushes.

      Delete
  3. Hope you are having a good Easter break me old fruit! I certainly am! :o)

    ReplyDelete