Tuesday 31 October 2017

Decks are now clear

Right, I can now relax and get started on the new army, all my little projects that have been hanging around have been done.

First up is the two Centurions needed to add to the Twelfth, I could just have left the officers already in the ranks but I like a separate figure as it is much easier to know whether he is killed or not as the battle progresses, so they will be the Pilus Prior of the cohort, I had roped in a couple of Senators but these can now go back to attending the Emperor.


Secondly is a little van I got for a quid at a market in Lancaster, it was the only one which looked fairly 1940's or thereabouts, it has been sitting on the shelf now for months. I couldn't start a new army without getting this out of the way too, so I Googled French vans of the period and for better or worse, right or wrong, came up with a postal van. It still has to be varnished to take the shine off some of the metal parts but that particular itch has now been scratched.


Now I can happily get stuck into that cavalry on the worktop.


8 comments:

  1. More Romans, and why not. The van looks the part to me. Good luck with the new project/Army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am toying with getting the new Osprey title on Eastern Romans, but as they normally disappoint I am unsure, perhaps I could get info on some other units to add to the Twelfth mmmm.

      Delete
    2. Why not indeed, you can never have enough Romans.
      I git the Eastern Romans for my birthday but have not read it yet, the pictures are pretty though.

      Delete
    3. I’ll be interested in your thoughts about the book.

      Delete
  2. Lovely centurions! The van is ace too - this is exactly the sort of thing I'm after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get into Lancaster often but when I do I will keep my eye open for more of the same.

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the Romans, and this vehicle is great!

    ReplyDelete