Thursday 20 December 2018

Recce for 11th Armoured.

Managed to get some time to put the finishing touches to my Stuart light tank. I have tried where possible to keep my British vehicles part of 11th Armoured as far as decals will allow, the British marking system was a real mess as far as I can see, may have made sense at the time but oh boy.

The kit was a very easy build, nothing complicated, you get three versions to build, I went for the Mid tank as used in Normandy, not sure the 11th Armoured recce would have included these vehicles but due to a lack of info, that is what it is, it is a decent guess.



I used Vallejo Russian Uniform for the base, this was then washed with Army Painter Strong Tone followed with a dry brush of the lightened base colour, then the black sponge treatment for the edges. The tracks were done with my old favourite Vallejo Panzer Aces Track Primer, you can then weather these up any way you want, this time I gave them a bit of a brush with MIG Dark Rust. Can I just add that Panzer Aces Dark Rubber is also excellent for tyres. No stowage at the moment as I do not have anything decent left, so that is on the to do list, not that you will get a lot on a Stuart.

So, this along with the Puma and Stummel was an itch scratched. I think that is it for now re my Bolt Action forces, next year I will get a Tiger despite not needing one and a Firefly to even things up. I will also get some logistics stuff, trucks, cars etc.

Now, can I finish the French cavalry before the year is up, we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Nice finish on that George, I like the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta, been through the wars a bit, wouldn't do for the Guards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed George!
    Look forward to seeing the Tiger & Firefly.
    Don't forget that you "need" some Paras and FJs too ;o)
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, a wee while before the Tiger turns up and the other 'needs'.

      Delete