Sunday 3 October 2021

No title

 I didn't go to the club last week, I had not arranged anything and on the night it was pretty miserable and wet so I was happy to hunker down in front of the fire, or more likely the computer in the study. I am going this week and am taking part in a Black Powder Seven Years War game.

I took the time off to set up my St. Nazaire terrain and was happy with the finished product, I have organised to play the game on Saturday 9th October, I do hope the effort has been worth it. No matter I managed to add another few industrial type buildings to my collection so win win for me.






 I am now up to my neck in Blood Bowl and have completed two figures, while building the second team and a couple of Star Players. Building these has generally been OK but I did turn the air blue on a few occasions when I could not get something to fit and despite checking online and looking at the instructions I came close to using a hammer. This has merely confimed my aversion to plastic soldiers despite the price and aesthetics.




 With nothing going on I have been forced to watch a couple of old programmes on catch up TV, and therefore have had to sit through adverts, I just do not recognise the country these are supposedly set in because they have nothing in common with my life.

I can however recommend the movie "Nobody", a beer and pretzel, one and a half hour romp which is violent but the good guy wins, it tickled me anyway. No subliminal messages, no preaching, just action from the start to the end. I am also watching "Only Murders in the Building" the main reason being the excellent Martin Short who is one of the three leading characters. Steve Martin is another and I can take or leave him, usually leave and the last but not least is Selena Gomez, supposedly a hot property in Hollywood but I have seen planks of wood with more character. It is not great, but it is pleasant and easy on the eyes.



 So there you have it, not much going on but things should hot up next week.

10 comments:

  1. Very much looking forward to the St Nazaire game.
    Great terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darren, looking forward to it myself, hope it goes well.

      Delete
  2. George, your St. Nazaire layout is terrific. Great job and looking forward to seeing the results of your game.

    Nancy and I are watching "Only Murders in the Building" too. Our tastes seem very similar. I usually "leave" Martin and Gomez does nothing for me. Still, an enjoyable distraction that we both can watch and discuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, it's the waiting that gets you. Only Murders" is just pleasant and Short is effortlessly brilliant.

      Delete
  3. Blood Bowl? Have you no shame? The table looks nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking table George! Look forward to the bat rep.
    Also, be very interested in your take on Blood Bowl.
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, still a bit away from taking to the pitch.

      Delete
  5. That's a mighty fine looking table just ripe for a raid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All leave cancelled and briefings will commence shortly. Not long now Phil.

      Delete