Thursday 15 January 2015

Napoleon and I

Yet another post I hear you say, well, I am semi-retired and don't usually work on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday and as the weather precludes all those jobs the missus wants me to do but I don't, I can amuse myself in front of the keyboard. While I am on the subject, how many crooked shelves, bad paint jobs and flowers thrown out as weeds does it take before a woman realises you are not Handy Andy! That aside, I thought I would share this with you, how many people do you know can say they had an acquaintance in common with Napoleon, all right more a giant tortoise than an acquaintance, but he did see the big man. I met said tortoise on St. Helena in the grounds of Napoleon's house in 1970, I believe it died eventually around 1990. As you can see I am unsure just how dangerous it might be and am ready to flee at a moments notice. I also saw his first grave, not as impressive as the one in Paris, a small hole in a gully with a large flat stone on top, his jailer really didn't like him. You may also pick up that my naval uniform owes more to Morecambe and Wise than Hugo Boss.



1 comment: