Thursday 31 December 2015

God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen

I have managed to finish some figures in the last couple of days, four more Roman slingers have been recruited to the Twelfth and I have finished the Strategy Intervention Point bunch of monks for the Romano-British army. These were nice chunky figures but the molds have seen better days, especially around the faces, as you can see I think they were modelled on Quasimodo. The have black tunics as they are Benedictine's, one of the first orders to come to Britain. As you can see they are prepared to defend themselves while bringing the word of the Lord and very happy to drink to his health.



I received my Saxon Miniatures yesterday and very nice they are too, however I forgot that I would have to get shield transfers and bases, so they too have been ordered, it never stops. I didn't manage to finish the manuballistae so it will be next week before they are ready, next up after that is the Saxon rally point before I start on the new figures.

The new year festivities of course will bring everything to a halt, now this is where I say Bah Humbug to the whole deal, despite my nationality I do not enjoy new year, never have, the forced jollity with the promise that everything is going to change on that stroke of midnight is all too depressing. I much prefer Christmas.

However wherever you are and whatever you think, I do hope 2016 is a good year for you, I hope it is for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment